Kids. Work. Family. Errands. School events. The list goes on and on!
There is so much going on in our lives that no wonder we’re always tired.
There are certain things you can do to fight fatigue and get more energy!
- What you put in your mouth matters. This may seem like a no-brainer, however, it’s true. When you can fill your body with lean meats, fruits, and veggies 80% of the time, you will feel better and have more energy. You are supplying your body with the energy it needs and you will feel revitalized. Did you notice: 80% of the time?Processed foods do not have the same nutritional value. It’s about the quality of food you put into your body that makes a difference. You deserve to eat healthy foods each day.
- Getting your ZZZZ’s. There’s no denying this. Our bodies need 7-9 hours of sleep/night as this is the time your body rebuilds itself.It doesn’t matter how much you have to get done; your body needs sleep. You will perform better when you are well rested. If you find yourself up late trying to get things finished, maybe it’s time to delegate work to other people.
- Who doesn’t love a great NAP! Naps are not just for kids! It is OK to take a nap if you feel your body needs one. A good 30-minute or less nap will do your body wonders!
- Drink enough water. This is another one of those no-brainers that you always hear about. It’s so true though. When we are dehydrated, our energy level goes down. Since our body is made up of 75% water, we need to keep our bodies hydrated to function normally. At least get the 64 ounces of water/day.
- Protein, Protein, Protein. Get more protein into your diet. We are a carb-heavy society. Each meal and snack should have protein in them. You will feel full longer which is going to keep your energy levels up!Some protein ideas: lean meats, eggs, uncured turkey bacon, nuts, greek yogurt, string cheese, hard boiled eggs, and protein shakes.
- Get Your Exercise In! There is no doubt that exercise invigorates you. Getting in 3-5 days of working out is a great way to fight fatigue. Cardio and weight training will help you with that.
Unfortunately, many of us have a job where we sit all day. It is SO easy to become fatigued from sitting as our bodies are made to move!
If you have the desk job, set a timer on your phone or your computer to remind you to get up and stretch. Do a few squats or lunges while you are up.
Take a walk around the office for 5 minutes. Do this throughout the day and by the end of the day you will get more steps in and feel energized.
If you find your mind is wandering or you are not being as productive, get up and take a walk.
It’s even better if you can get outside for some fresh air. Your brain will immediately start to clear when you start walking and breathing in fresh air. You’ll have great ideas pop into your brain
- Take a break from stress! You may be thinking….what the heck, I have so much to do! How can I take a break?When you are over-stressed, you are actually less productive because your mind is going in a million directions. When you allow yourself 5-10 minutes to take a break, you will actually allow your mind to become more organized. You will get what you need, done.Take time to meditate for 5-10 minutes, or take that hot bubble bath you want to do. You will thank yourself in the long run. You deserve to take
this time for YOU.
Fatigue is a serious issue, however, when you utilize some of these strategies you can combat it. Of course, these are just a few ways to fight fatigue.
Let’s connect so you can feel energized! Check out my Patriot Shopping page…get healthy products to help you fight fatigue!
See What Fits You!